Friday November 16, 2018
5208 Hixson Pike, Hixson, TN 37343
8:00 – 8:30 Registration/Breakfast/door prizes
8:30 – 9:30 Welcome and Keynote
Troy Rogers - City of Chattanooga Public Safety Coordinator
"Socio-economic Glasses; Seeing Through Other's Perspectives"
9:45 – 10:45 Session I
- Ethics I - Why Can't I Date My Clients? Addressing Boundary and Dual Relationship Issues - Paula Foster, LCSW, TCSW Executive Director
- What does Emergency Preparedness Look Like? - Kenneth Tarter, TN Dept. of Health, Regional Hospital Coordinator, Emergency Preparedness
- Young Cadets Update - Dr. Kristie Wilder, LMSW, JD, Dean, Southern Adventist University School of Social Work
Medication Assisted Recovery: Strengthening the Mother-Infant Bond (Maternal Opioid Use Disorder) - Cayce Watson, LCSW, Lipscomb University Department of Social Work
11:00 – 12:00 Session II
- Ethics II - The Ethics of Equity - April Wilson and Jodi Whitted, UT Chattanooga
- Mental Health Court - Anna Protano Belk
- Healthy Living for the Mind and Body: Know the 10 Warning Signs - Amy French, Alzheimer’s Association
- Gang Violence in Chattanooga: Recognition and Prevention - Inv. Krumie
Active Shooter Training - Officer Brown, Chattanooga PD
12:15 - 12:45 Lunch/Awards Presentation
12:45 - 2:00 Education Panel - Session III
Robin Cayce – Director of Programs, Chattanooga 2.0 (Camp K + early matters)
Ashley Cox – Howard teacher
Tiffany Earvin – Orchard Know
2:15 – 3:15 Session IV
- Ethics - Addressing Diversity in Older Adults - Dr. Shi
- Suicide Prevention: Missing the Connection - Eve Nite, Business Development Professional, Erlanger Behavioral Health
- Stop the Bleed - Robert Ward,Outreach Safety Educator for Children’s at Erlanger
- Reaching for the Stars: Infant and Early Childhood Mental Health Across Tennessee - Angela Webster, AimHiTN
3:30- 4:30 Closing Session V
Workshops subject to change.
The conference workshops meet the licensing requirements for up to 6 continuing education credits for social workers in TN, AL & GA including up to 3 hours of social work ethics.
Sponsors and Exhibitors
Statewide 2018-19 Sustaining and Benefactor Sponsors
2019 SEConference Sponsors and Exhibitors
Want to connect with more than 200 human services professionals in Southeast Tennessee? Add your name to our growing list of sponsors and exhibitors. Contact Paula Foster, 615-313-9980 or email@example.com for more information about sponsorships.
Do you know someone who has displayed excellence in advocacy as a volunteer or social services professional? Do you know a program or organization that has created substantial community impact? Recognize an individual or organization for the Southeast Tennessee Community Impact Award, Professional of the Year or Volunteer of the Year.
Contact Marva Lee at firstname.lastname@example.org for a nomination form or click the button below to complete your nomination online.
Nomination deadline November 1, 2018