5208 Hixson Pike, Hixson, TN 37343
8:00 – 8:30 Registration/Breakfast/door prizes
8:30 – 9:30 Welcome and Keynote Mr. James McKissick --- Common Ground: Impact through Inclusion
9:45 – 10:45 Session I
- Jill Barnes---Human Resources 101 for Supervisors: Employment Law, Benefits, Retention, Performance Management
- Paula Foster---Ethics---You want me to Work with Who? The Ethics of Advocacy & Building Political Relationships
- James Moreland---Protecting Kids from Violence
10:55 – 11:55 Session II
- Dr. Kristie Wilder---Ethics---Enhancing Law Enforcement’s Response to Victims (ELERV): Perceptions of Cadets, Officers & Victims
- Tiki Finlayson and Trish Rubens---Choices Matter--- "1N3 Safe Driving Pledge"
- Tim Tatum---Suicide Prevention: Everyone’s Business to Save TN Lives
12:00 -1:10 Invocation/Lunch Service/door prizes
Luncheon speaker---Dr. Valerie Radu---Remembering Woodmore: How you can Help Today
1:20 – 2:20 Session III
- Josh May---Mindset of a Gang Member Part 1
- Sean Muldoon/Matthew Thompson---Cultural Competency: Social Services for those who have served in the Military
- Rosalyn Leavell-Rice---The Real Deal
2:30 – 3:30 Session IV
- Josh May---Mindset of a Gang Member Part 2
- Harlee Milligan---Working with the LGBTQ community
3:30 – 4:00 Closing---Elizabeth Tallman---Using ACEs to Build Resiliency
The conference workshops meet the licensing requirements for up to 6 continuing education credits for social workers in TN, AL & GA including up to 3 hours of social work ethics.
Sponsors and Exhibitors
Statewide 2017-18 Sustaining and Benefactor Sponsors
2017 Conference Sponsors and Exhibitors
Want to connect with more than 200 human services professionals in Southeast Tennessee? Add your name to our growing list of sponsors and exhibitors. Contact Theresa Jorgensen, 423-298-3269 or firstname.lastname@example.org for more information about sponsorships.
Do you know someone who has displayed excellence in advocacy as a volunteer or social services professional? Do you know a program or organization that has created substantial community impact? Recognize an individual or organization for the Southeast Tennessee Community Impact Advocate of the Year.
Contact Theresa Jorgensen at 423-298-3269 or email@example.com for a nomination form.
Nomination deadline November 17, 2017