thanks for making our 2019 conference a huge SUCCESS!
See you next year!
TCSW/UTCSW Fall Advocacy & Social Justice Conference
Friday November 8, 2019
205 Bridgewater Rd, Knoxville, TN 37923
Click Here for More Details About Our Workshops
(Workshops Subject to Change)
8:30 - Breakfast and Registration
9:00 – Welcome/Keynote (1 CEU)
Lori Messinger, Ph.D., Dean, UT College of Social Work
Dr. Eboni Winford, Cherokee Health Systems - Social Determinants of Health: Removing Barriers to Service
10:00am – Breakout Sessions I (1 CEU)
- Rural Healthcare - Rural Healthcare Challenges - An Integrated Health Perspective - Dr. Ragan Shriver
- Senior Health - Understanding Elder Abuse and Elder Abuse Intervention in East Tennessee - Sasha Hammett, CAC
- Children/School/Head Start - Adverse Childhood Experiences: Reflecting, Connecting and Progressing toward a Positive Outcome- Patty Bowlin, UT SWORPS
11:15am – Breakout Sessions II (1 CEU)
- Rural Homelessness - Cindy Manginelli, Project Coordinator, TN Valley Coalition for the Homeless
- Substance Abuse - Medication Assisted Treatment: It's Role in The Care of Those Persons Struggling with Opioid Use Disorder - Behavioral Health Group
- Children/School/Head Start - The Brain Architecture Game - Patty Bowlin, UT SWORPS
12:15pm – Lunch and Awards
1:00pm – Breakout Sessions III (1.5 CEU)
- Rural Healthcare - Esrly Intervention throughMental Health 101 - Ben Harrington, CEO, Mental Health Association of East TN
- Ethics: Social Work Licensure: Pending Revisions & Licensure Processes Part I - Paula Foster, TCSW
- Children/School/Head Start - Building Community Through Schools: A Model for Community Change - Jordan Frye
2:30 pm – Break
2:45 pm Session (1.5 CEU)
- Equity in Education - Improving Retention & Graduation Rates through Social Work Intervention - Drema Bowers
- Ethics: Social Work Licensure: Pending Revisions & Licensure Processes Part II - Paula Foster, TCSW
- Substance Abuse - Substance Abuse 101: Recognizing, Communication and Referring - M. Scott Hendrix, LMSW
4:30 pm – Evaluations/Wrap up
6 Continuing Education Units including 3 in ethics available
Discounts available for Head Start employees and groups of 6 or more.
Contact TCSW for more information.
2019 Statewide Visionary,Sustaining and Benefactor Sponsors
Camelot Care Centers, Inc.
TN Head Start Association & State Collaborative
University of Tennessee College of Social Work
Tennessee State University Center of Excellence for Learning Sciences
Tennessee Commission on Children & Youth
Presenting Sponsor - University of Tennessee College of Social Work
Pellissippi State Community College